Monday 21 July 2014

REVISION TIPS

Monday 21 July 2014
Hola! So, I (and Megan) are in year 10 currently, moving into year 11 in September, and we have had what is has called as a 'Mock Week'. This is basically just exam after exam, taking past GCSE papers, this is to measure where you are, and prepare you a little for your actual exams roughly 12 months later.

So in this post I am just going to take you through a few revision techniques/ preparation I have used this past week, and hope you make use of them, if you are also in the same situation as us, or even just revising for other exams.

Wear comfy clothes! I can't stress this enough, it is so important to make sure you are as comfy as possible. I tend to wear a pair of  leggings, a Cami and a big hoodie... Pyjamas are fab, if you're a girl, going bra-less can be one of the best, and comfiest things around, as you would already know!

Take away any possible distractions! Now, this is a very vital step, I get distracted very easily, by Internet Shopping Sites... The best way possible is to revise internet-free, but there are way too many great sites to revise from, that may not be the most sensible thing to do? So you will just have to become a little more disciplined with yourself in order to get the most out of your revision time. Tell anyone you happen to be speaking to at that point to bugger off for a while, or if you feel like being a little nicer, just tell then that you'll message them later.

Get a treat, I like to get a packet of biscuits, and when I have completed one bit of my revision, I can have a treat, this will just help to motivate you to get the work completed. This can also work with other food, it's just that I may have a rather unhealthy addiction to biscuits, I'm slowly getting fatter and fatter, woops. Boiled sweets would be fab, as you can also suck on them whilst doing it, as a concentration technique, gum would also work well too.

Take regular breaks, my head of year recommended not to spend longer than 20 minutes revising at a time, as you lose concentration. I would personally up this rule, to 30 minutes at a time, as that seems good enough for me, and then take a break, have a cuppa, a biscuit (of course), what ever fits your needs.

Have a drink beside you, there's nothing worse than being deserted and dying (not literally) of thirst. This may be a little melodramatic, but  it's genuinely how you feel. So I find it's best to have something close, to lower your chances of, uh, dying of thirst while you're revising. Plus, you won't have to get up mid-revision sesh. It's so much easier just to have one close, whether it's water or a cup of coffee, just grab one, or 12...

I hope this has helped even just one of you reading, and I know this is a little late timing as it's nearly summer and all exams are over, but I hope you can refer back to it!

Amy

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and other ramblings © 2014