Friday 4 April 2014

CHOCOLATE CORNFLAKE CAKES

Friday 4 April 2014

Hola! As it's Easter, I decided to make some Chocolate Cornflake Cakes, they're SO nice and tasty, and SO simple to make! This recipe makes 50 cakes!

You will need:

50 Cake Cases,
450g of Cornflakes,
3 tubes of Smarties,
1 Tablespoon of Oil,
450g of Chocolate,
1 Tablespoon of Golden Syrup.



I realise that I've pictured 500g of Chocolate there, but I ate some as I was going along, my bad. Break up the Chocolate and put it in a glass bowl over boiling water, not touching! Add the oil whilst it's melting!


The oil makes it thinner, and easier to mix up with the Chocolate. Make sure you don't burn the Chocolate, it's ever so simple to burn it! In order to prevent this turn the heat off and remove the bowl once it's melted, no later! 


Once the chocolate has fully melted, add the Cornflakes! It's a lot easier to add them bit by bit, and i soon learned it's a lot easier to add half of the chocolate and then the rest later on when you add some more cornflakes.
                             

Mix it all together, if you like the mess, you can use you hands for this, I did that but it was so stressful, so the second batch I made, I used a wooden spoon thingy. If you're using your hands beware, it's a lot of hassle, and make sure you have your cases pre-set out.


Now you need to put them into your cake cases. I found that the easiest way to do this was using two teaspoons, but I did use my hand for a batch, but it looked really messy. 


This isn't the best picture as it's rather messy, but I think I got the point across. They were SO yummy and SO simple to make! I did run out of Smarties though, so I ended up putting one or two on each, so stock up on Smarties for more!

If you're going to do this at home, which I advise you do, tell us in the comments and leave a picture, or a link to a picture! I have made a recipe for this on MyFitnessPal for those of you with food diaries with that company. It's named Amy's Chocolate Cornflake Cakes and each cake is around 85 calories!

ENJOY!

Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and other ramblings © 2014