Monday 1 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY ONE: CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST

Monday 1 December 2014
So everybody has the songs that are incredibly over played without noticing, or they loathe at this time of year. Most, intact, all Christmas songs are over-played and you can walk from store to store and hear the same song ten times in different stores. I have my personal favourites and Michael Buble tends to occur an awful lot in my playlist, so here goes nothing.

Michael Buble 'Christmas' (Baby Please Come Home)
This has to be one of the greatest songs to come on in the car at Christmas. I have to admit, when it does, I erupt into song, much to my Father's discontent.

The Pogues feat. Kirsty MacColl 'Fairytale Of New York' 
Oh my, this song, this song has always been my all time favourite Christmas song. It's just so lovely to listen to, it almost makes you unwilling to sing along, which is rare for me!

Bing Crosby 'White Christmas' 
Isn't this song just marvellous? It makes you feel all warm and cosy inside and this is definitely a great one to sing to. I'm rather amused by how low my own voice can get to...

Gabriella Cilmi 'Warm This Winter'
Now this brings back memories! I don't know whether any of you reading this read any of our Blogmas' from last year? We both sang this at the Christmas Concert held at out school. This song is so lovely and cosy and her voice is amazing!

Band Aid 'Do They Know It's Christmas Time'
Yet another that brings back memories! So, a few years ago I had a solo singing this and we had to perform it in front of all of the school eating their Christmas Dinners... Turns out I get stage fright in front of people I know, so mid-line I froze and erupted into tears... Not my brightest move I have to admit. The reason I chose the original over the new one is I think you cannot beat this version, for me I think that the sound of George Michael (and other of course) this really makes Christmas and I doubt that will change anytime soon! But y'know, hats off to the other versions!

Andy Williams 'It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year' 
Well isn't this just amazing? This song always makes me smile and happy, it's just one of those songs! It gets you ready for Christmas and it's just a classic.

Bing Crosby 'It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas'
This song is so cute! I love it, and I guess that's why it's on here? Obviously.

Shaking Stevens 'Merry Christmas Everybody'
Now this just screams Christmas, and Shaking Stevens? Well, need I say more? I think not.

Slade 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' 
I did used to want it to be Christmas everyday, until I realised the charm would wear off and it would be very expensive, also, what would you look forward to then???

Wham 'Last Christmas' 
This song is so fab! It's great sing really loudly to, and it's one of those you can't sound too bad with, so perfect for me! Woopwoop!

So they were my top 10 Christmas songs! What are yours?

I have also created a Spotify playlist of all of these songs and I'll leave the link below if you want it, I will most likely keep adding to it as the month progresses...

Christmas Playlist

Amy

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and other ramblings © 2014