Saturday 6 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY SIX: FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS FILMS & TV SPECIALS

Saturday 6 December 2014
December is going so quickly, we're already a week in, how?! Anyway, here a few of my favourite things to snuggle up and watch around Christmas..

FILMS;
  1. Elf - I have not met one person who either hasn't watched or hasn't liked it.. I think that says something about it! Elf's just fab, you really can't wrong with it.
  2. Serendipity - Not only is this one of my favourite Christmas films but it's also one of my favourite films ever! It's so cute and cheesy but that just makes me love it more! It also kind of makes me believe in fate.. especially at Christmas time, haha.
  3. The Holiday - Such a romantic and christmassy film, aw.
  4.  The Santa Claus (trilogy) - These films are basically my childhood.. I love them all! Nothing like a bit of Christmas tragedy ending happily, eh?
  5. How the Grinch stole Christmas - I always get named after the Grinch as apparently we're quite similar; refuse to admit to having feelings but actually have big hearts, I guess that's kinda sweet actually? Anyway, this film is so different to any other film (as are all the ones I've already mentioned) and I've always loved it. Plus, it has a young Taylor Momsen in - bonus!
  6. Home Alone (1&2) - The whole concept that you could accidentally leave your child at home not once, but twice, completely baffles me! Never the less, I love both os these films and they make laugh so much! (The best kind of Christmas films).
TV SPECIALS;
  1. Made in Chelsea (2011) - Ever since this episode, the Made in Chelsea Christmas Specials just haven't lived up t the same standard - drama, joy and more drama. It's such a good episode with a satisfying ending. (And it was the series that, in my opinion, had the best cast).
  2. Miranda (2010) - Who doesn't love Miranda? This episode is absolutely hilarious and always gets me in the christmassy spirit. I really do just love her and her show and I'm so excited for her new special the year! Followed my the final episode on New Years, which is really sad. :(
  3. Gavin & Stacey (2008) - I watch this waaaaaay too much; I downloaded it onto my iPad a couple of years ago and on the run up to Christmas I tend to fall asleep with it playing, is that weird? It's so funny, slightly sad, but nonetheless, it's christmasy and entertaining! And if you haven't watched Gavin & Stacey then oh my god, do! You won't regret it.
  4. Outnumbered (2009, 2011 & 2012) - I love all of the specials from this show - there's always lint-hearted tragedies and the storylines are always hilarious. The kids are so cute and witty s well! such a good show aw, especially when it's festive!
  5. Doctor Who (2005 - 2014) - Not gonna lie, Christmas day wouldn't be the same if the whole family (well most) wasn't sat around watching the Doctor save the world in a festive fashion! Plus I've pretty much been in love with this programme since the new series aired, whoops.
  6. Downton Abbey (2012) - I loooove this episode, it's so dramatic and so many good things happen! I'm not going to ruin it for you but two characters finallyyyy get together (eek)! It's so pretty and festive as well, with such beautiful scenery!

What do you like to watch at Christmas?

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and other ramblings © 2014