Saturday 6 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY FIVE: FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS FILMS

Saturday 6 December 2014
Christmas films: you either love them or you hate them. I, personally, love them, they're so happy and everything ends happily! What more do you want for the supposed 'season to be merry'. Some of my favourites have to be:

Annabelle's Wish 
For those of you who have not watched this film, it is basically based around the old legend that Santa Claus gives animals the ability to speak on Christmas Eve. Annabelle is born on Christmas Eve and upon meeting Santa she is fascinated by the Reindeer and their abilities to fly. She befriends the Farmer's Grandson who is mute due to a fire on the farm. When Annabelle gives up her ability to speak, Billy gets it permanently. When Billy marries, Annabelle's wish is granted, she is now one of Santa's Reindeer and re-gains her ability to speak in the process. I love this film because it is just so warming and it was always my favourite growing up! I remember owning it on video and getting so excited when watching it!

It's a Wonderful Life
I haven't actually watched this for years so am a little unsure of the plot off the top of my head. I just remember my Mum loving it, and one year my Brother buying her the black & white and coloured version... I watched it and soon came to realise why my Mother loved it so much!

Home Alone 1&2
I just love these with with MC in, I feel that when they changed the characters it kind of lost it's touch a bit. It always confuses me as to how you can leave a child at home, and to then do the same thing again? You should learn from your mistakes!!! Rant over, I just love this film and it always makes me laugh...

The Holiday 
This has to be the cutest film! I actually only first watched it fully a few months ago, but I'm so glad I did! It's just so cosy and makes you jealous as to why you don't live in such a cute cottage at this time of year! Dammit life.

Serendipity 
I only watched this for the first time the other month, but it is so cute! It makes you annoyed slightly though, as to how close they are to each other, yet keep missing one another. It contains all the stereotypical things to do in the Holiday's puts you in a rather festive mood.

I have many more, I just can't put my finger on them right now! What are your favourite Christmas films then?

Amy

x

P.s. Sorry this is a tad late, completely forgot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love and other ramblings © 2014